Hello people of the internet! Earlier this month I was sent a selection of products from the Exante Diet range to try out. As we all know, you can't lose heaps of weight in a few days. So, I'll be reviewing what I thought of the food and if I thought I was full and such after!
More About The Range
- There are multiple kinds of programs you can choose from including: The Man Plan, Total Solution (VLCD), Total Plus Solution (VLCD), Working Solution, and Simple Solution. (You can read about each individually here)
- VLCD stands for Very Low Calorie Diet. In this case that means replacing all of your meals for the day with your choice of 3 x 200 calorie sachets or 4 x 150 calories sachets. These include 100% of your RDA for vitamins and minerals.
- With other plans you replace all of your meals with your choice of sachets varying in calories and can also have extra calories from a strict list of non-exante food.
- All plans recommend that you have 2-4 litres of water a day and exercise for 20 minutes a day.
What I Liked
- I was sent 3 of their diet shakes. Out of the three, I absolutely fell in love with the vanilla flavored one. It tasted like cake mix! All of the shakes mixed very well. I was worried that they might come out chalky. They were super smooth and extremely enjoyable.
- I absolutely LOVED the sweet and sour noodles. They might have been my favorite things out of all of the things I was sent. I felt the portions were perfect and I felt full after. Not like the kind of full where you feel bloated either. These were super flavorful as well.
- I was also sent a drink mix that was raspberry flavored. You just added a teaspoon or two into a glass of water and mixed it. I actually started replacing having any sort of pop while I had this. It was the perfect amount of sweetness and I also thought it dissolved pretty well.
What I didn't like
- I wasn't a huge fan of the soups. I had a particular problem with the Thai Chicken flavored soup. None of them seemed to blend well enough for my taste. I also didn't find this particular one to have much flavor.
- When I tried the Indian Daal Pot Meal I had such high hopes. I opened the packaging and could immediately smell an amazing mixture of spices. I followed the instructions to a T and some how it came out with a slightly gritty texture. Also, I didn't feel even the slightest bit full after.
Overall, I had a great experience with Exante Diet! I felt like most of the food tasted amazing and was very filling. I would just say, be careful with the plans. I don't really think anyone should be restricting themselves to 600 calories a day. If you're trying to shed some weight: stay to the normal amount of calories you're meant to have a day, change what you're eating (healthier carbs and fats/more fruit and veg), and work out more. And, ALWAYS consult you doctor before trying something like this. Just because it has 100% of your daily vitamins and minerals doesn't mean it's good for you. Your body needs those calories to help fuel you throughout the day! Thanks again to Exante for letting try out some of their many, many products!
Have you ever tried a diet plan like this?
Let me know in the comments below or on Twitter!
Connect With Me
* = Product was provided for me for review purposes.