Hello people of the internet! How've you been? Personally, I feel like I've been absolutely all over the place lately! I don't know if any of you remember a feature I started a while back called Sunday Mornings. It was just a weekly catch up with you guys! I love sharing my life with you and I want to try to get back into the habit of it! For now, I'll just let you all know why I was a bit MIA over the past week!
- If you follow me on twitter, you'd know that I had two pretty big family emergencies this week. First, my mom broke her foot a work. After it happened she seemed in good spirits and like it would be on the mend sooner rather than later. The day after my youngest brother started showing these weird symptoms. His legs weren't quite working right and then he didn't really have strength in one of his hands. My dad decided to take him to A&E to figure out what was wrong. After a million tests, they found out that my brother had a rare virus. Basically, after an infection your antibodies don't stop fighting and end up attacking your nerve endings. It's super treatable if you catch it early. Which we did, thankfully! He had to stay in the hospital for five days though. It was so weird not having him home.. The whole time, I was helping my mom around `the place. Honestly, one of the most stressful weeks of my life. We had no idea when my brother was actually coming home.
- Now that we've gotten the seriously stuff out of the way... My mom and I went dress shopping for the ITWBN Blogger Event! (She got a walking cast!) I ended up finding like a back-up dress in case my other outfit doesn't work as planned. Does anyone else do that? I found this amazing skirt and some of the nicest sandals I've had in years. Plus, I got to hang out with my mom and go shopping which is just always awesome!
- ITWBN Slumber Party! A few other bloggers and myself organized a little slumber party during the Twitter party the other night! We have a dorm booked at the amazing Kinlay Hostel in Galway. I'm so excited! I'm not really one to like do slumber parties and such. So, this is totally indulging my teenage side.
- I dyed my hair purple! Now, I know that the picture below makes it look like my hair is blue. It's totally purple with blue undertones. I mixed together La Riche: Directions in Violet and Bleach London in Out Of The Blue onto light blonde hair! I'm convinced that it's actually the most vibrant hair color I've ever had! And, I've had a looooooot of hair colors in my day. I can't wait to see how it holds up over the next week or two. So far, so good!
- On Thursday, Dan and I celebrated out 4.5 year anniversary! I'm totally lame and love celebrating the 6 month part. I can't believe I get to date such an amazing guy. He's so cool and creative and just.. yeah. I adore him every bit as much (and much, much more) as the day that I first started dating him. I'm pretty sure I'm the luckiest person ever. I get to date my best friend!
Overall, It's been a pretty hectic and awesome week. I'm really excited to have an amazing time at the ITWBN Blogger event. The last one was unbelievable and I can't wait to see what they have in store for us this time around. I promise to get back to a normal enough posting schedule soon guys! On top of everything this week, I tried to shoot some makeup looks over the weekend. The power went out, it was cloudy, and then I went outside to try to find better lighting and it started to lash! So I guess I was just supposed to relax this weekend! Thanks for sticking around and reading this HUGE post! I really want to do more personal posts here. Is that something you guys would like?
How was your week & are you looking forward to this month?
Let me know in the comments below or on Twitter!
Connect with me