Hello people of the internet! Spring is finally starting to show it's face around here. Where there's Spring, there's bright and playful makeup. When the folks over at *NYX sent me a few bits to play around with, I knew I had to create something just along those lines. When I think of NYX I automatically think of bright and edgy makeup looks. They're a brand that is constantly inspiring me to try new looks and to have fun with my makeup!
All of the NYX products I used
1. Love In Florence Eyeshadow Palette ( in Eat, Love, Be Fab) - This little eyeshadow palette is amazing! It's great if you're on the go and need to just throw something into your bag. I love the matte brown shade.
2. Strobe Of Genius Illuminating Palette - Well, this might be one of my favorite products of 2017! There is a highlight for every skin tone. I'm currently obsessed with the lilac shade!
3. Lid Lingerie (in Whimsy) - I really like the two lid lingerie products I have. They dry quickly but don't feel drying on my lids. I also have quite oily lids and it never feels like it's sliding off. One thing I will say, I've only had mine open for a month and the product did seem to separate a bit in the tube. Nothing a good shake couldn't fix though!
4. Baked Blush (in Statement Red) - This blush is so unbelievably pigmented. And, from what I read online you can use it wet or dry!
5. Ombre Blush in (Strictly Chic) - For starters, I just love looking at this blush. It's also super pigmented. Definitely, keep that in mind if you're using it. It's easy to use and blends really easily though. So even if I made any mistakes it was easy to clean them up!
How I did my eye makeup
1. After I primed my lids, I used this medium matte brown to create a simple base. I made sure to blend it up into my crease as well.
2. I took the baked blush and started blending it into my outer corner, crease, and inner corner.
3. Next, I applied some of the Lid Lingerie to the back of my hand and used a small brush to apply the product to the center of my lid. I blended the edges with the baked blush!
4. After I did my winged liner, I used the darker brown shade to deepen my crease a little bit.
5. I used a black eyeliner in my upper and lower lash line. Then, I blended some more blush into my lower lash line.
6. Last but not least, I used this shimmery peach shade for the inner corners of my eyes.
I've never been afraid of wearing a bold eye look. So, I am obsessed with this! I think I'll be doing another post that includes all of the things that NYX sent me. And, then I can do a bulk review for you guys! Let me know if you'd like to see that!
* = Product(s) were given to me for review purposes but all opinions are my own!
What do you think of today's look?
Let me know in the comments below or on Twitter!
Let's be friends!