Hello people of the internet! As of today there are only eight full days left in 2015. With the year well and truly coming to a close I decided to share some of my favorite things of 2015. Last week, I shared 15 of my favorite beauty products. This week, it's more like moments and well... things. I advise you to grab yourself a cup of tea or coffee. This post is a long one!
1. RT Ireland - So, I'm apart of this group called RT Ireland. Basically, we organize fan events for the company Rooster Teeth. They make gaming videos and they're the creators of the award winning series Red Vs. Blue and RWBY! So in April we had one of our fan meet ups and it was awesome. Then, we got a message from Burnie Burns. He's one of the original creators of the company. Like, this is a huge deal guys. He said he would come out here for an event. A good chunk of my year was spent planning an event with some awesome people. When we put out tickets they sold out in less that 36 hours.. We had 300 tickets. Not only did I get to meet Burnie Burns (a huge inspiration to me) but we also got to have dinner with him (and we all got a little bit drunk). Dan and I cannot stop talking about it. Definitely one of my favorite moments of 2015.
2. Snapchat - Like I said, this post is also about things. I didn't start using Snapchat properly until like, August. I am down right obsessed. There is nothing I love more than settling into bed and watching everyone's stories. I'm probably one of the few people that watch all of the things in the discover tab. Tastemade is probably my favorite. I really like the video aspect of it too. Let's be honest, no matter how much I want to do youtube videos it's never going to happen. I suck at editing. So, Snapchat gives me that chance to actually talk to people who follow my blog!
3. Clue - This is my period tracker app. I went a little app crazy in August when I got a new phone for my birthday. This has to be one of my favorites. It's not just about tracking your period. It has tons of other things you can track. Mood, mental state, cravings, ovulation, just everything. It's also great for reminders. You can remind yourself to log your information or a monthly breast check. Basically, I don't have the most regular period. It stresses me out too. In the four months I've had Clue, I haven't stressed once because I can track everything. I love it.
4. Our Anniversary - Dan and I hit the five year mark this year. I cannot believe I've been lucky enough to spend five whole years with him. He's my best friend. Before I dated him, I think my longest relationship was like 3 months. We've been together since I was 16 and he was 18. That's a huge deal. I'm so happy/lucky to have had the chance to see Dan grow into the amazing dude he is now. I love him so much. UGH CHEESY! I KNOW!
5. Panic! At The Disco - My favorite band in the whole world just kicked absolute ass this year. So many new singles. They just made my heart happy. Plus, Brendon Urie was on Periscope all the time doing random covers. Right now I'm listing to a compilation of him singing Disney songs. Aside from that, I am just so excited for their fifth album coming out next month... I'll probably cry when it comes out. Also, I've officially been listening to them for 10 years next July. HOW OLD AM I!?
6. Starbucks - Mother friggn Starbucks. Let me just basic bitch it up here.... YAS! Cork didn't have a Starbucks in the city center until February. Before that we had to either go all the way out to Mahon Point or to like, Dublin! Now we have three Starbucks in town. I had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte this year. And then, I had about ten more. I also had my favorite seasonal drink every: an Eggnog Latte. I love Starbucks. I'm sorry if you think less of me now but feck off. It's so damn good.
7. Youtube - I've never really been one for watching Youtubers. That is until this year. Guys, I am hopelessly addicted to watching them now. I watch Gabby Lindley (Velvetgh0st), Helen Anderson (she used to be MelonLady), Lily Melrose (llymlrs), Estee LaLonde (used to be EssieButton), Markiplier (gaming channel), and of course Rooster Teeth! I'm definitly more of a fan of vlogs rather than main channel videos. I have no idea why I enjoy watching people be way more productive than I'll ever be but I do.
8. Blogging - God damn do I love blogging. I've gained such an appreciation towards it this year. I cannot believe how much I've been able to do because of it. This year I pretty much did a mini tour around the country going to events. It's been so much fun meeting new people. Huge thanks to the Into The West Blogger Network for that. I never would have known about anything happening in Ireland if it wasn't for you guys. I feel like a completely different person now. Blogging has made me feel so independent and creative. It's been the most amazing outlet for me. I get to write and play around with my camera. People even think I'm good at it. Who knew? Like guys, some how I was shortlisted for best new comer this year. WHAT?! Blogging has also made me feel a whole new sense of pride in myself. I know I'm doing something important to me. That's such a good feeling too.
If you some how made it through this whole post thank you! One of my goals for 2016 is to write longer posts. Might as well start now, right?
What are five of your favorite things from 2015?
Let me know in the comments below or on Twitter!
Connect with me